Saturday, September 24, 2005

I make my business- your business....( wish granting, MAW trip vent)

So , where should I start? I guess It really does not matter, becuase I will tell you everything but the truth. ;)

Lets start from beginning. In February 2 volunteers from MKW came to our house to interview Regina about her wish. From start, I just did not like those 2 middle aged successful chicks, who did such a great job granting kids wishes. They just seemed so "fake". One of them was successful realtor and other- I forgot. They "pretended" that they listened, but they really did not.
Then Wish Granting time arrived in sept 12th. They wanted to do this thing as close to Reginas trip as possible( whatever reasons).
Reginas wish as you all know was to meet all the princesses in Florida Disneyworld( she calls it that way). She wanted to have group pic with them on her B Day and eat Princess Birthday cake. Regina told them that herself, without me stepping in.
So those volunteers recommended that Goofys Kitchen In Disneyland Hotel would be great place to let her know that she got her trip. All I had to do is to agree, because I thought they really knew what they were doing.
We were there 5.30pm, and were told not to be late because there was surprise waiting for us. You know what was the surprise??? THEY WERE HALF AN HOUR LATE!!!! *(&^&*(%&*^$ > I was mad. I swear. I was really, really , really mad. I was expecting this fairytale greeting from them and all i got was pissy receptionist who told us that we can not go into restaurant without them.( well Those "girls" told us to go into restaurant.). Receptionist told us if we pay we get in or just wait the other people here in the waiting area. We waited and they finally arrived with SMILES on theyr faces and even did not apologise that they were late. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I "smiled" also and just thought, oh well, maybe there is surprise waiting inside( lol, I really sound desparate). We get in, get our table, and that is it. NO fireworks, no princess related stuff, no surprises. We started eating and chatting and eating and chatting, and they ( those 2 were just talking about theyr vacations- european cruise vacation, btw) and we just sat there and waited until they have finished chatting. Then finally they remembered that OH, We have tickets and all the info you need about your trip. So they handed us tickets and spending money and DORA backback full of dollar store/ Target dollar Isle junk. ( oh, there was one princess coloring book, that must have been that promised surprise). And that was it. Duh, I guess they thought I was some dumb Russian chick---( yeah, they did ask how was life In Russia and about russian president- LIKE I KNOW. They asked this question after I explaned them like third time where i am from and that I DO not speak russian. ) --- and taking us to Restaurant is like fun thing to do. :D:D:D:D

Anyway.... We did get our limo ride to airport 4.30AM ( dang, our neighbors were sleeping and did not see that we got VIP treatment. DANG again.). We did get rental Car( Brand new Chevy SUV- 5 miles on it.) and 4 round trip ticets to Orlando and back, And we did get awsome villa in GKTW. ( Give kids The world) AND Refrigirator full of coke and Ice tea. That made me just laugh, because when Regina was interviewed they asked what were Reginas favorite drinks and snacks- which were at a time, Milk, orange juice, jucy juice, and Pepsi. On same night we went out and got ourselves lots and lots of water, because tap water tasted like pee ( sry).

Now, let me tell you abotu GKTW. All of you who have lived in Ronald Mc Donald house know those famous all you can eat dinneres. lol. Anyway, Gingerbread house( restaurant) kind of served the same kind of food. Lots of that kind of food( pasta, lasagna, burgers, hot dogs, tacos, chicken nuggets etc), you know those foods out of freezer. I do want to thank you all the volunteers who did awsome job serving those foods and cleaning up tables and doing fun chit chatting with people. :):):):) That was great. But you know, we would have really enjoyed hotel better because at least hotels have room service . lol Did loved GKTW only because of merry go rounds and unlimited access to ICE CREAM AND PIZZA ( I ganed 3 lbs because of eating ice cream for breakfast, dinner and midnight snack. )
IT is an amazing place for kids. Fun, friendly and safe. But this place just brought back so many bad memories from past. We saw lots of kids there for whoom this trip was the last one. And I felt so bad and depressed after I spoke to some parents. :(:(:( But that is the reality and GKTW helps make some dreams come true. :)

OH and biggest uuuuuuuups arrived on 18th of September. I went to pick up Reginas B Cake from front desk.( they provide cakes for B Girls/boys- cakes from Wal Mart) . When I got the cake I almost fell flat on floor. WHY, you ask. But because my dear people of world IT LOOKED plain and fallish with fall leaf sprinkles and some icing hills. I was about to start crying because I really, really was expecting Princess cake. I swear, my expectations were much higher. :( I thought for sure that Regina hates the cake and she remembers that she wanted to have princess cake. So in the morning we sang her happy B day and served her cake. She did look at it for a long while and then decided to taste it. And she liked it. :):):):) BUT IT WAS NOT WHAT HER WISH WAS!!!!!!!! DUH. What is wrong with me? .... She was happy and enjoyed her trip, but all I do is whine and complain. :(

After day was over 19th) I asked where she wanted to eat her B day Dinner. She chose Chilis- her favorite restaurant in whole wide world. ;) She ate pizza and french fries and then we ordered chocolate molten cake - OH THAT WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED IN ORLANDO. lol It was amazing. And we got her Sleeping Beauty dress from gift store ( 90 frekkkking dollllaros), but since we had spending money, we really did not care. lol

on 20th we went to Sea World and it was sea world with extra sea falling from the sky. We went to see dolfin and killer whale show- amazing show, we got front row seats - or course. and everywhere we went we got treated with highest respect. :) Seaworld was awsome :) They love GKTW children and do anything to make theyr stay comfy and fun :)

And on 21st we flew back home and landed after Jet Blue had to do emergency landing. And then Limo picked us up and around 8PM we were back home , and again our neighbors did not see our beautiful while extra long Lincoln limo. lol
- anyway- Universal( 2 parks)- Thumbs up
-Disney Magic Kingdom- thumbs halfway up- because princesses ran away from us and didnot want to greet us. :(- but we really did enjoy all the rides we took on that day - about 8 rides- And no waiting on lines and no late fees. ;lol
-MGM- really cool
-And Sea World- thumbs up

No comments: